Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Progress

So - One of my goals when I came out here was to write an album and record it here.
I'm prolly never going to be in a place where I can use professional level equipment, software and staff for FREE - So why not right? - The fun part is that much of the work generation for my solo mio was music - me and guitar, several songs - so - I'm officially moving from solo mio to album. I'm now working on an album. Right now its just me and a guitar and I think it will stay that way unless I really want something else in it. I've got 4 songs in the bag ready to roll and just finished another tonight.

I'm aiming for at least 11 by mid January. I know that sounds crazy, but creativity is a funny thing and its booming.

Update on what's actually going on here -

So little did you all know I was a spot op for A Christmas Story (based off the movie) and we ran for a month and closed last sunday. - hah. Go me for not writing about it, but there wasn't alot to tell, just following people with a spotlight and playing dumb games on my phone in between.

I'm currently in rehearsal for Christmas Carol playing Young Scrooge.
Now, several of us have been talking for the last few days about what kind of a play this is. All of us have had some kind of exposure to Christmas Carol before, but its not till we started working on this show that we finally figured it out. Like how great of a show it is and how important it's message is. The way that this production is telling the story cuts to the chase, cuts all the hallabaloo, and says - "This is a story about being a better person, opening your eyes to the world, and doing your best to give it everything you can." It's pretty incredible.
We had a run today and a handful of staff came from other departments. There were alot of laughs, and a handful of tears. It was pretty great.

So - Thats that - chicken strips in the toaster oven are almost done.
See yall later.

I don't think I ever posted this picture - I think - this is all of us.  - This was in October at the cabin.

No comments:

Post a Comment