Sunday, September 26, 2010

My best Drac performance yet, Inspired by focus, and some Solo Mio Ideas

Today started out rough. I woke up thinking about Ashley, and couldn't really stop thinking about her until I got to the theater, which usually means - bad day. Today was different.
yesterday, Nathan Scheetz mentioned that she came down from Rochester to see him in Putnam's 25th annual spelling bee. That was literally the first time, that anyone that knows her or is friends with her has mentioned anything about her in almost 45 days. That's a long, damn time. And it just got me rolling, and thinking about everything again; Thinking more that I have been with all the solo mio stuff.
So - I woke up this morning sad, and was listening to Goodbye Waves and Driveways by The Rocket Summer, which was not helping the situation by any means and was prepared for an awful, awful day.
Well, I got to the theater, mind you I got 11 hours of sleep the night before as opposed to my regular 5, and got ready for fight call to do the show. I put down my Zune and said, "Ok rocket summer, time for you to go away if I want to get any work done today" and hit fight call with a vengeance. Then I hit the show with a vengeance, and pushed out the most present performance I've managed yet. I was listening and responding to everything - everything. it was wonderful.
Then we did another show and then I came home and let myself think about everything again, worked on some solo mio/ solo show/ album lyrics and almost went to bed, but figured i better write first cause i missed yesterday.

Also - on the solo mio - I had this crazy idea today
What if I was juggling 3 balls while talking about trying to keep up with lying and multiple lie paths, then I started making balloon animals for the audience while talking about hiding everything, and then finished with a short something about not being able to hide anymore while that famous opera song Vesti la Giubba from I Pagliacci?
If not the solo mio - some of it will be in the full length, for sure.

It came to me when I was making a balloon puppy, which i named Francine, in the green room during act 2 of Dracula.
Just another idea along with spilling merlot all over a white comforter, or slowly loading up a scale until it breaks.
Lots of ideas, appox 50 days left till i perform.

I need a day off like crazy to work on it, but alas, haha, tomorrow we load in Irma Vep.


Night all!


OH! our video from The Ensemble Project is up on YouTube on the Actors Theatre of Lousivill chanell
Here is the link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqXa_vgu7CE
The chick with the Ultimate voice? Thats Kerri. Go girl go.
And don't mind my eyes off to the right, I'm desperately watching Will feet trying to stay in beat with him haha
Also - Here is a teaser from Dracula
http://www.youtube.com/user/ActorsTheatre#p/u/1/FsNusOkLoaQ
Last but not least was a concert held on top of the parking garage at actors at the beginning of september
http://www.youtube.com/user/ActorsTheatre#p/u/11/5BFILtk_z6U
The Pass was fantastic

Adding a dracula Picture in here by Joe Gienert, the photo intern.
This is my favorite light cue in the show.

Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment