Monday, September 27, 2010

1st day of load in

First of all, a note on names - I'm trying to use everyone's first and last names when ever i reference them, so that anyone who is reading this, will have some sort of chance to keep them straight.

So, today is Monday, which usually would mean I have the day off, but not today!
Well, I had most of the day off.
So I got to sleep in till around 11, then I met with Amy Attaway and Dinah Berkley to rehearse our little, corporate scene for the managers at Humana, then i went to LOAD IN.

So, LOAD IN, is where we tear down the set from the show that closed, (Kite Runner) and Load in the set for the next show in that space (Irma Vep) Its scheduled as a 4 day process, but everyone says it never takes that long.
So I was on the Lighting load in today. So I was about 40 feet in the air on the grid for about 5 hours hanging lights, circuiting lights, moving lights....basically everything that had to do with lighting, i was doing it.
There's this idea about load ins that make them sound so daunting and terrible, but I always like them. Its something new and something I don't get to do very often, so I really enjoy it.
Its like when I get to work in the shop on a show - I don't get to build things with my hands very often, construct things. So I really enjoy every bit of it.
So, I don't know how long this load in will take, but I'm alright with it. :)

So, back to the scene I'm working on. A representative from a company in town here, Humana, who is the main, monetary supporter of the Humana Festival, approached Michael and Amy about having the apprentices perform a scene for several of the managers at Humana as part of an education program they're running. So Amy contacted Dinah and I Saturday, and we are doing this ten minute scene for a group of managers at this education conference. The SWEET part is, they're paying us $600 which is going straight to the apprentice fund for our showcase. So, memorizing a scene quick fast for $600? - Yeah, I'm in.

Also, found out Nathan Scheetz, and Sarah Ulloa are coming to see my show with Cory Johnson on 10-22-10! can't wait!
Packers playing the Bears right now. Go goggo BEARS!

Ok. I gotta go memorize stuffz!

Later! Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment