Sunday, January 9, 2011

Back in KY

Hey everyone, So its been a long while since Ive written so I'll catch you up really quick.

Christmas Carol was a hit! I played Young Scrooge.
I put working on my album on hold for about 3 weeks but will be getting back to it mid this week.
Christmas was awesome. It was really nice to just come home and chill. For the first 2 days I did nothing. I left the house for beer and a few cigarettes. That was it. I just sat and watched movies all day. Mmmm good. so then I spent the next 3 days trapsing around Iowa seeing people, went up to Iowa city for a night to see nathan and josh, which was a long awaited, and much need reuniting of the tripod.

Oh - so - the trip out there. I left here at noon on the 24th. There was a storm headed right at us. one of the other apprentices, Havalah Grace Backus,has family in Moline, so she rode out with me. We're cruising along fine till just after Indianapolis. Snow. Then more snow. Then more snow. So, the trip is supposed to take 7 hours, but I was averaging 35,40, and it took 13. I got home a little after 1. BUT, got us there safe. I was glad she was there with me, because if I'd have driven that alone, it would have been white knuckled all the way.

So back in Kentucky, we're mounting our ten minute play festival. We open tuesday. There are 6 or 7 plays that we do one after the other for 4 nights.

My play is called Holy Matrimony! (and other things to do in lieu of saving the world)
Its a two person show about a superhero and his sidekick (who is getting married that day) 10 minutes before the wedding, they get a text message from the Mayor saying that The Blue Butcher has taken over s subway train and is going to light it on fire. So - They have to decide if the sidekick is going to get married, or if they are going to save the train. Its super funny, and bromantic. And I get to do a dive roll in it, so, I'm happy. :)

The next two weeks are going to be awesome. We basically have them off because it worked out that we don't have any crew responsibilities for any of the shows playing right now. So, we're planning a trip to Chicago, Cincinnati, and somewhere in Indiana. :) We're going to do a handful of general auditions in each town - Leaving for Chicago on the 20th, so I've got to get cracking on my monologues.

That's it for now,

Oh wait, I'm cooking my first turkey this week. Wish me luck.

Off to a nap to see if i can shake this cold.

Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment