Thursday, August 12, 2010

5 days as an apprentice, and OMG batman. Amazing.

So, here I am in Louisville Kentucky. I'm an apprentice at the leading regional theater in the country and life, really couldn't be better, well, thats a lie, but we won't get into that now. What we will get into is what has happened, and what is happening.
So much is happening - :)

For all you bloggers out there... Bear with me, this is my first time.

I've been in Louisville Kentucky for 5 days now. Its now the 12. So I got in Saturday night after driving 7 hours with no air conditioning. Amazing. :) My place is great. I'm living at the WG - definition of the acronym to come later. :) Its the 10th floor of an apartment building that is set up as a dorm for apprentices. So all the rooms are on the outside edge so they have windows and all the bathrooms are on the inner edge of the hall that wraps around. My room is huge. 250 ft X 250 ft. I know thats tiny, but for me, its all the space I could imagine. Theres a full size bed, not a twin and that makes my life complete.

Sunday night, the 8th, the associates, which are volunteers for the theater threw the apprentices a welcome dinner. It was super! They were all super nice, and were so happy that we were here. Thats the funny thing about being here, everyone at the theater waits for the apprentices to show up. Like, we've been told by several people that we bring an energy here, and after we leave, its gone, and they all miss it. We're the life blood of the theater season after season.

Monday - Pool freakin party. Oh man, it was sweet. We went to this rich dude's house who loves the theater and had us all over. As we walked into his back yard, which was beautiful by the way - flowers everywhere, we noticed there was kind of crazy music playing. Like, techno, music - like remixes you'd hear at a rave where X was being passed around. Really odd. It never happened, but we half expected him to start serving pills on a gold platter - Kind of  weird i know, but, if you'd have been there, you'd have gotten the vibe.
Pool party was great. He served chicken tetrazini - Delicious.

Tuesday - Long. Ass. Day. We sat, for 9 hours, and listened to policy that was thrown at us. Nothing really happened this day.
Wednesday - Today we started the Apprentice Ensemble Project. Its the first project.
Wednesday will have to wait until tomorrow. Its midnight, I have to be up at 7 to audition for Dracula. Wish me luck! and - Good night.

3 comments:

  1. Um, correction, and thanks Lu. My room is 250 Sq. Feet. not 250 feet BY 250 FEET!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have I told you recently how incredibly happy (and jealous) I am of you? I am so goddamn proud, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have I told you how fantastic you are?
    I miss you out there.

    ReplyDelete